Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER

Get the latest news to your email inbox FREE!

REGISTER
HomeGazettePort proposal prompts 450 submissions

Port proposal prompts 450 submissions

THE Port of Hastings has received 450 submissions on its draft Land Use and Transport Strategy.
The corporation’s chief executive, Ralph Kenyon, said more than a dozen community information sessions and public meetings across the Western Port region over the last six months had allowed hundreds of people to discuss proposals for the port’s longterm future.
“I am pleased that around 450 individuals and organisations formally responded before the close of submissions on Wednesday 14 March.
“I thank them for having a say and helping us to develop the port in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable way,” he said.
Mr Kenyon said the submissions raised a range of issues, which the corporation would consider in detail.
He said a list of submitters and a summary of issues raised during the consultation process would be published soon on the port’s website www.portofhastings.vic.gov.au.
“The port will look at all of the matters raised by submitters and then present a report to the State Government setting out its recommendations, including potential future transport routes.
“While the current round of consultation has concluded, there will be further opportunities for community input.
“This is likely to take several months.”
Mr Kenyon said people would get a say through the planning and Environment Effects Statement processes before the government made a final decision on issues such as transport routes.
“These normal planning and environmental protection processes include public consultation, the chance to make written submissions and to appear before independent public panel hearings,” he said.

Previous article
Next article
Digital Edition
Subscribe

Get an all ACCESS PASS to the News and your Digital Edition with an online subscription

Akin’s day to remember

The Dandenong District Cricket Association (DDCA) Turf 3 match between Narre North and St Mary’s was meant to be one of those games, a...
More News

Rising star Jeffrey shows class at Drouin Championships

DROUIN LADIES Last week the Drouin Women contested the second round of the 2026 Club Championships, which is a stroke event over three rounds of...

Bradshaw brings it home

DROUIN GOLF WEDNESDAY A massive field of 118 players competed in the midweek Stableford event. Vic Bradshaw led A Grade with a superb 41 points,...

Tons galore in lower grades

B GRADE Table-leaders Pakenham Upper/Toomuc have been set a monumental task by Tooradin after the Seagulls posted 267 in the first innings at Barton Reserve...

Lions reach the pointy end

PAKENHAM BOWLS SATURDAY The 14th and final home and away round of the 2025/26 Weekend Pennant season was played last Saturday. Pakenham One (Div 1), seventh on...

Bakers sit in the box seat

Silverton would require a miracle to make finals, but that hasn’t stopped the Bakers from posting a strong score on day one against ladder...

O’Sullivan joy at Garfield

GARFIELD GOLF There were a few drops of rain prior to Thursday’s par event but that didn’t stop a sizable field of 95 from gracing...

Bloods’ depth does damage

Springvale South has the runs on the board against Buckley Ridges after day one of the Dandenong District Cricket Association (DDCA) round 13 top...

Cranny avoids the drop

CRANBOURNE BOWLS Valentine’s Day saw the last round of Weekend Pennant Bowls played as next week the finals begin. On a beautiful Saturday to play...

First day of Yakkerboo delights crowds

The Yakkerboo Festival kicked off in perfect weather on Saturday with fireworks the main highlight of the day. Food trucks, roaming performers, live music and...

Former Casey Mayor diagnosed with MND

Ex two-time Casey Mayor and VFL footballer Geoff Ablett has been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease (MND), prompting his family to launch a fundraising...